In a brand new research, the platform crunched its information to search out the most effective alternatives out there in 2021 for these simply getting into the job market, in addition to present recommendation on essentially the most sought-after expertise.
As new graduates face a job market that is taken a toll from the COVID-19 pandemic, there’s nonetheless promise, in accordance with a brand new LinkedIn information. There are hundreds of thousands of entry-level jobs listed on its web site. In its new information, “2021 Grad’s Guide to Getting Hired: Top jobs, cities and industries to get your start,” LinkedIn highlights the highest gigs for brand new diploma-holders, in addition to expertise firms are in search of and the cities to think about when looking for entry-level jobs.
SEE: IT expense reimbursement policy (TechRepublic Premium)
Listed under are the ten jobs LinkedIn is recommending in 2021 for brand new grads and what it sees as their beginning annual salaries:
- Software program engineering specialist ($103,000+ for entry-level candidates)
- On-line specialist ($29,000+)
- Sterilization technician ($35,000+)
- Wellness specialist ($33,000+)
- Medical technologist ($48,000+)
- Transaction companies specialist ($41,000+)
- Technical help supervisor ($46,000+)
- Digital assistant ($30,000+)
- Knowledge entry operator ($23,000+)
- Technical gross sales representatives ($37,000+)
Relating to the ten Industries entry-level seekers are eyeing are the next (which additionally contains pattern jobs):
- Transportation and logistics (resembling drivers and customer support)
- Well being care (licensed sensible nurses and speech language pathologists)
- Software program and IT companies (software program engineers and information engineers)
- Retail (cashiers and store managers)
- Shopper items (gross sales and actual property specialists)
- Recreation and journey (bakers and meals service employees)
- Manufacturing (automotive technicians and software program engineers)
- Finance (insurance coverage brokers and bankers)
- Company companies (software program engineers and venture managers)
- Building (carpenters and electricians)
A number of entry-level distant jobs within the tech area are highlighted by LinkedIn, resembling full-stack engineering gigs, information analysts and safety engineers. Different distant work positions cited within the information are buyer help specialists, workplace associates, actual property brokers, salespeople and account managers.
SEE: Juggling remote work with kids’ education is a mammoth task. Here’s how employers can help (free PDF) (TechRepublic)
And in accordance with the information, the highest cities with essentially the most entry-level careers embrace New York; the Washington, D.C.-Baltimore space; Chicago; Los Angeles; Dallas; Houston; Boston; Philadelphia; San Francisco; and Atlanta.