NOTTINGHAM, Md. (WJZ) — Neighbors have been surprised when police swarmed a quiet Baltimore County neighborhood simply earlier than dawn Friday.
A neighbor shared an image from the early-morning raid; you possibly can see the police lights within the background pic.twitter.com/OlZfhHssmc
— Mike Hellgren (@HellgrenWJZ) February 12, 2021
“It was scary being woke up in the course of the night time with bullhorns shouting, ‘That is the FBI!’” mentioned Connie Lashley who lives close by.
An FBI spokeswoman mentioned the company arrested 42-year-old Elias Costianes in Nottingham on prices associated to the January sixth riot at america’ Capitol.
Costianes was speculated to have an preliminary court docket look Friday in Washington, D.C.
Authorities have but to launch any detailed accusations towards him and WJZ has not been in a position to attain Costianes or anybody who might symbolize him.
The glass again door of the townhome that was the goal of the raid in Nottingham was shattered.
Neighbors shared video they recorded from their houses. You may see the police lights.
One neighbor who requested to not be recognized informed WJZ the raid occurred round 5 a.m. Friday. He mentioned he heard two booms. “They surrounded the home,” he mentioned of police. “…Then, some time later, they introduced him out in handcuffs and took him away.”
From the start, the FBI warned rioters can be held accountable, irrespective of how lengthy it takes.
Not less than 9 Marylanders at the moment are dealing with federal prices. They embody:
- Emanuel Jackson, accused of beating officers with a baseball bat
- John Andries accused of violent entry into the Capitol
- Matthew Miller accused of scaling the Capitol partitions and spraying a fireplace extinguisher at officers
- Christopher Alberts accused of fleeing officers with a loaded weapon
- Bryan Betancur on probation in Baltimore County and tracked to the Capitol utilizing his GPS monitor
- Andrew Ryan Bennett who faces 5 prices together with coming into a restricted constructing and disorderly conduct on the Capitol.
All defendants are thought of harmless till confirmed responsible in court docket.